Position – Director of Resource Development
Christian Mission Aid was founded in 1986 as a cross-denominational, non-profit organization to work on pioneer development projects in Africa. Our desire to be ‘the bridge between the resources and the needs’ has led CMA to take on projects in four main categories:
- Christian Outreach Ministries
- Aid and Relief to South Sudan
- Community Development
- Children and Youth Ministries.
CMA facilitates locally initiated projects by providing practical assistance and training to nationals. We believe nationals are the best people to reach their own people; by linking them up with resources, we make their projects stronger and more effective. Because of this, our programs expand and change on a constant basis, as we respond to new needs.
Revenues: $3 to $5 million
For more information, please visit www.cmaid.org
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Resource Development will spearhead development efforts in the United States and Canada. A new position at CMA, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. This position will require significant travel in the U.S., Canada and Africa to witness CMA’s activities and ministries in Africa.
This is a full-time, salaried position, with compensation commensurate with experience.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors, CEO and CMA’s Africa-based staff to create a fund development plan supporting the strategic direction of CMA.
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Monitor trends in fund development, adapting strategies as necessary.
Organize fundraising activities
- Develop and manage timelines for fundraising activities, to ensure that milestones are being met and processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events and annual fund mailings.
- Identify and develop corporate, foundation, major/planned gift, churches, Christian groups and individual prospects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors.
- Oversee the donor database in a manner which respects the confidentiality of donor information while substantially building the number of prospects in the database.
- Prepare and submit grant applications for targeted, defined needs.
Manage fund development budget
- Develop an annual budget for the fund development program.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management.
- Monitor expenses and recommend changes as necessary.
Promote Christian Mission Aid
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within CMA.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing/communications plan to promote CMA to donors and maximize public awareness of the organization.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing/communications materials for development efforts.
- 3-5+ years non-profit fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in fund development of at least $1 million annually.
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred in related field; Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Skilled in fundraising management.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation affecting charities.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management.
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources.
Proficiency in the use of computer for:
- Fundraising software/CRM.
- Word processing.
- Spreadsheets & Databases.
- E-mail & Internet.
The Director of Resource Development must agree to act in a manner consistent with Christian and professional standards, abiding by CMA’s Statement of Faith, Moral Code of Conduct, Core Values, and the administrative policies of CMA. The Director of Resource Development should also demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve fund development, marketing and communications.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within CMA’s parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that support and promote CMA.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear, timely decisions in the best interests of CMA.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move CMA forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
If you meet the requirements, please send your application to Executive Director on email@example.com. The applications for this position will remain open until it is filled up with a suitable candidate.